Making A Difference
In the Lives of Our Residents
The Cardinal Community House is a resource dedicated to assisting individuals experiencing homelessness and involvement in the criminal justice system, as the two are often closely linked. We are a non-profit agency. Our campus hosts 160 beds and we serve both male and female participants. The mission of this agency is to assist individuals in community reentry by addressing their most critical needs first; such as housing.
- Be a resource in a continuum of evaluation/treatment/assistance.
- Achieve an atmosphere that is safe, structured, stable and predictable.
- Provide a balance of acceptance, support and structure.
- Clearly define expectations, limits and controls.
- Provide residents with Mental Health and Substance Abuse Counseling.
- Provide residents with life skills training.
- Provide residents with educational opportunities, employment training and assist with job placement.
- Enhance the versatility of the physical plant to accommodate future goals & objectives
- Further develop positions and attract talent well suited for those positions.
- Cultivate leadership potential in staff.
- Develop additional training opportunities for staff.
- Increase community and referral source awareness of program potential.
- Develop a more dynamic relationship with pertinent political figures and factions.